First Trip to the Beach

Today Foster Mom loaded me into the Jeep - just me, no foster sisters - and took me to a place called Bethany Beach. OMGEEE!!!!! What a greyt place! There were dogs - lots of dogs - big dogs & little dogs & barky dogs & friendly dogs & not-so-friendly dogs. They sure looked different than the dogs I lived with at the track and the adoption kennel, but I was friendly and wagged my tail at every single one of them!

There were people everywhere; some of them asked Foster Mom questions about me and petted me and scratched my ears - fine by me!! One lady liked me so much that she pulled out her phone & took a photo of me to show to her family. She said she used to have a dog but it died and she really wanted to wait before she got another, but she also called me sweet & gentle and petted me. She lives pretty close to Foster Mom's house so who knows, maybe I'll see her again.



And there were children everywhere - in strollers, on skateboards, or just walking. Some of them had food that looked & smelled sooooooo good! And I really wanted to just open my mouth and take a little taste...but I didn't, because Foster Mom said I had to make a good impression. Foster Mom DID take me into one of the surf shops where a nice person gave me a dog cookie and into the pet shop where another nice person gave me a chicken dog treat.

We also walked on the sand - boy, that felt like being back at the track or in the turnout pen! Except there was also moving water - LOTS of moving water - next to the sand. Foster Mom said it was the ocean; I said "I think I'll watch it from back here!" 



I had a GREYT day. On the ride home, I sat in the back of the Jeep & looked out the window.

  
And now, I'm gettin' ready to do what greyhounds do best. 💤😴 Ahhhhh, I sure do LOVE this retirement thing!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adoption Day!!!!!!!

BB Goes to the Vet

Retirement Report Card