Retirement Report Card

I've been doing this retirement thing for 2 weeks now. Foster Mom says I'm a GREYT student! Check out my grades!

  • Going to the bathroom outside - A+
  • Sleeping quietly at night in Foster Mom's room - A+ (from 9:30pm til 6:30am)
  • Being nice to indoor kitties on-leash - A (I'd probably need some lessons on how to live indoors with a kitty but I'd catch on fast.)
  • Leash walking without pulling - A+ 
  • Getting along with my big foster sisters - A+
  • Getting along with my little foster sisters - A+
  • Taking treats nicely from someone's hand - A+
  • Staying off of the human beds & furniture - A+
  • Riding in the car quietly & without trying to get into the front seat - A+
  • Greeting other people & children while leash walking - A+
  • Greeting other dogs while leash walking - A+
  • Playing with toys without destroying them - A+
  • Sharing the dog beds - A+
  • Sharing the toys - A+ (I just need to remember that foster sister Ellie does NOT  share toys as well as me.)
  • Chasing balls - A+
  • Greeting people that come into the house without jumping on them - A- (I don't always jump up, but if it's someone I'm really happy to see, I can't help myself!)
  • Keeping my paws on the floor & off the kitchen counters - B (I was an A+ at this until just a few days ago; now I've learned that the kitchen is THE place for all the good tastes & smells.)
  • Waiting in the house instead of trying to bolt through the open door - B (I've gotten much better than I was the first couple of days.)
  • Coming the first time I'm called - C (It depends on why I'm being called. I'm definitely an A+ when I'm being called for breakfast or dinner!) 
  • Staying in my crate quietly - C (I really, really try...but I just want to be where my pack is, so the crate is not my favorite place.)
  • Getting my teeth brushed before bed - C (It's not that I hate having them brushed; it's just that the toothpaste tastes so good it's hard to keep my head & my tongue still!)
  • Jumping into the car - D (I've done it a couple of times but I usually need help.)
  • Bringing balls back to Foster Mom - F (Hey, I'm a sighthound, not a retriever!!!)
And just because a blog post is boring without a couple of pics of me...a dog & her squeaky tennis ball.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adoption Day!!!!!!!

BB Goes to the Vet